The Road Trip

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Julian and Stonewall Hike







Post-thanksgiving, we were joined by Leigh, a friend of Leslie's from her Point Loma days. Riding in Leigh's great volvo station wagon we headed up to the tourist town of Julian and beyond...to climb Stonewall Mountain. What a beautiful fall day - as you can see from our leaf glee (I didn't know to toss away from myself unfortunately!). Don't you think the middle photos look like a band photo shoot - well, I see - I even dreamt it that night too! The last photo is some serious eating concentration going on - as we enjoy pomegranates - from the trees near Leslie's - where there are also lemons, oranges, grapefruit (smells so good), avocado on trees and birds of paradise flowers blooming. That, plus hopping in the hot tub every night - oh my, life is good!

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mo said...

Miss Leslie-aren't you excited i'm actually posting a comment=) So unfortunatly I will not be going to that flight nurse course, so fortunatly that means that I'll be around when you guys are in Colorado. I'm going snowboarding the 8th-10th and driving back sometime on the 10th. I don't work the 11th. I don't know what your plans were but it'd be great if we could at least meet up. Talk to you soon. Drive safe!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

Thinking about you guys and praying for you today as you finish up this part of the journey. Enjoy the celebrations thereafter as you head to the red rocks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home